At Pinson Urology, our top priority is you.
We strive to provide our patients with excellent urological care in a professional, compassionate environment.
In this section you will be able to learn more about your condition, the various tests and treatment options that you have, the risk factors that may be contributing to your condition and how to minimize your risk for future complications. Also learn about how to communicate with Pinson Urology through your Patient Portal, the patient forms that will need to be completed prior to coming in for your consultation and read some success stories patients have elected to share with you.
We’ve created these resources to help you schedule, prepare for your appointment and to make your visit go smoothly.
Scheduling an Appointment
You can schedule your own appointment or someone from your referring physician’s office can schedule it for you. If you have BCN or Tricare, your primary care physician will need to refer you to our office and obtain a prior-authorization before you can be seen.
To make an appointment, please call us at (517) 768-0600, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
If you are a new patient, please bring with you to your appointment:
- Your patient forms filled out completely
- A list of the following items if not included in your patient history form:• A list of surgeries you’ve had in the past
• A list of your current medications and dosages, including all over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you take
• A list of any medication or other allergies
- Your insurance information: You will need to bring your insurance card with you and present it to the medical receptionist at time of check in, along with your picture ID.• To bill your insurance company, we will need the name of the company, complete mailing address, your policy number and your policy’s group number.
• If your insurance company requires a referral, please bring it with you to your first appointment.
• Patients with BCN and Tricare insurances need call ahead and make sure your primary care physician has sent us your referral authorization from your insurance company. We will be unable to see you without a referral as your medical insurance will not retro-authorize any service.
- Your co-payment: Co-payment is due at time of service. If you request that we bill you for your co-pay, there may be an additional charge. You can pay your co-pay with either cash, check or credit card Pinson Urology accepts: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
If you are an established patient, please bring the following information to your appointment:
- A list of all current medications and dosages, including all over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you take
- Your up-to-date insurance card
- Your updated phone numbers and address if they have changed
- Be prepared to pay your co-pay and/or your current patient balance
If you’re in for an appointment be sure to make the medical assistant aware that you’ll need a refill. Should you happen to need a medication refill at any other time, you can request this refill through your patient portal, or over the phone. Please call the office at (517) 768-0600, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
You may need to request a copy of your records from us to be shared with another physician. We are happy to provide you with copies of your record at no charge. Although, we will not be able to release any records without a signed medical records release form from you. Please allow one week for processing of all medical records, including FMLA and disability forms after surgery.
Pinson Urology accepts most forms of insurance; however, we do not accept out-of-county Medicaid. Only Jackson County Medicaid is accepted.
Please call our office and ask to speak with Laurie, the medical biller, if you have questions about your statement.